Friday, September 26, 2008

I finally did one of those things I've been saying I'm going to be do for awhile now: I actually read one of the books I heard about NPR (don't be jealous of my life). Of course, the library here often doesn't have some of the books they recommend, so I'm often SOL.

Book #39: City of Thieves, David Benioff. Two strangers during the WWII siege of St. Petersburg are sent on a mission to find... a dozen eggs. It's easy-to-read and thoughtful, not arrogant. I definitely recommend it.

Book #40: Love is a Mix Tape, Rob Sheffield. This book took me back to mix tapes my friends made for me in high school and college. Interestingly, it also has some of the most straightforward discussions of grief that I've read in awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I picked up a copy of "Love is a Mix Tape" last week before our admin. council meeting. I read for about an hour before the meeting and then came home and it read the rest of the book that night. Loved it. Thanks for posting about it.