Thursday, May 14, 2009
I go back to work in about four weeks or so. That begs the question: how the hell is this going to work? The house is already chaotic. I'm already tired.
But, Lord, do I need to go back. Being with a baby all day long day in and day out is so not my cup of tea. I feel bad even writing that, as C sits in her wiggle chair a few feet away, cooing to herself and kicking. But it's so true.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I turn the big 3-0 on Sunday. The number itself doesn't bother me. What does bother me is not having a huge chunk of my people near to celebrate with me.
That realization is part of the reason why I allowed the headhunter who called the other day to shortlist me at a parish outside of B-Town. I think if I got it it may be like the proverbial dog catching the chased car, but I'll deal with that later if I have to.
In any case, there's something nice about being remembered, if nothing else.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
today is my first day alone with the baby, sans the mr. and sans grandmothers (cue the scary music). she's currently sleeping in the aptly named sleepy wrap, which is a friggin' godsend. i love being able to hold her and yet have my hands, too, for important things like blogging. i really don't have much of interest to say, other than the fact that i find it ironic that i'm not supposed to be doing housework and yet this is the one time i want my house to be clean, since i'm spending so much time here. that, and we got mad men discs from netflix, largely thanks to sarah, and it is, in fact, really good. between that and a couple of walks, i'm beginning to feel a little bit more human and less like a sleep deprived monster.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
- Breastfeeding. Breastfeeding, breastfeeding, breastfeeding.
- The child CC is born as of March 19. I've written up the birth story-- it's not going to win a Pulitzer, believe me, I was just trying to get some of it on paper--let me know if you want to read it and haven't yet.
- CC is doing well. She has gained 1.3 lbs and 1.5 inches since being born less than two weeks ago. She's about in the 50th percentile for weight and is slightly tall for her age (?!). The Mr and I figure this is about right, since I was in the 1th percentile and he was in the 95th.
- I'm both incredibly grateful for the help I'm getting from mine and the Mr's mother-- cooking and baby watching in particular-- and ready to have my house back.
- Did I mention breastfeeding?