Tuesday, September 2, 2008

  • I did not like the movie Tropics of Thunder, not b/c it's not-PC, just b/c I didn't think it was as funny as it could have been.
  • The Mr and I caved and got iPhones. Our contracts were up with Veriz0n. He adores his. I am not yet fully convinced. I think it's because I'm not quite sure yet how to use the darn thing.
  • NC farmer market discovery: collard green tamales. The outside is a collard green instead of a corn husk. The inside is normal-- corn meal and meat (pork or chicken). They're awesome. Coupled with sour cream and habenero sauce... a very tasty treat for $1.50.
  • I dropped the communion kit today in my office. I love it when I spill wine all over the place.
In case you don't want to read pregnant lady stuff, I ghettoized it:
  • The in-laws were in town this weekend, and it was basically what I feared-- a bevy of unsolicited advice. Have I told you about me and unsolicited advice? I don't do well with it. That is one of the reasons I'm trying to hide the pregnancy from most people at work as long as possible. That, and, though I would like for people here to be excited, I also just want to do my job.
  • I called the sister in the Land Far, Far Away yesterday. Guess what. She's pregnant with her first child and is due about ten days after I am. My parents still don't know yet.
  • It's beginning to look like "as long as possible" means about three more weeks or so. All these "I didn't show until my fifth month" people... when you haven't gained all that much weight anywhere except your lower abdomen, that looks suspicious, if you're a woman my age. Vestments are a beautiful thing for hiding in, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh!
What are you going to name it?

The phone, that is.
(clearly the baby will be named after me: Peripatetic)

Karaoke Rev said...

I don't want to read just anyone's pregnant-lady news, but I do want to read yours!

Anonymous said...

The whole pregnant lady in vestments thing gives entirely new meaning to the phrase, "Does this alb make my ass look big?" Doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! I missed the earlier announcement. I'm right with you on unsolicited advice...and due to those lovely vestements and a few baggy jumpers through the winter most people didn't realise i was pregnant until I was almost off on maternity leave!