Friday, February 15, 2008

latest shoe obsession

i'm so used to being a student that i still act like one sometimes, spending wise, more or less (except for that whole "mortgage" and "extravagant trip to paris"). during grad school, the bottleneck had gotten somewhat severe. when the mr and i both started having incomes about 1.5 years ago, i shopped more. however, the practical streak knows it's better to do other things with our money, things like paying off student loans, that kinda fun stuff.

i don't think i've bought accessories, shoes, or clothes for about three months. this really isn't that big of a feat since there was christmas in the middle of it, in which i received a great purple jacket and some new fun earrings. but i have been avoiding target, so that's something.

and then. this morning when i went to recycle the garnet hill catalog, because i didn't want to get anything and because thought there wouldn't be anything in there that would interest me anyhow since i'm not yet 40, it fell open to this page.

lust at first sight. ah, you kicky orange mary janes. why must you torture me?

what think ye, fair reader?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I didn't know you had to be over 40 to like garnet hill. (Actually, I only like the linens, does that count?)

I vote yes for the orange!

Pastor Peters said...

i tried on a pair of shoes like this yesterday. i regret not buying them. get them.

LadyBurg said...

How can you resist? They are ORANGE for goodness sakes. And cute. And they look comfortable, which is a bonus although not a necessity. ;)

I vote yes. Can you send me the green ones?

Anonymous said...

I saw these at a shoe store today, in the chaurtreuse. I took te chance to be your surrogate shopper. They seem very well made--they're privo's right--a subgroup of clark's, and I found them even cuter in person than on your blog---and that wasn't even in the orange color. I think you need them.

apbs said...

okay! i ordered them. i'm totally excited (i can't decide if that means i have a sad little life or if it's a good thing that i'm relatively easy please).

and, ppb, the garnet hill is definitely targeted at the over 40 crowd. it's just a fact.

apbs said...

oh, and yeah, they are privos.

Anonymous said...

But I'm just 27 and I lust after their high count bed sheets! Oh, I guess since I've never bought them, I'm still young? right? right?

The clothes, I will agree, are definitely post-40, probably post-50. But oh! the cuteness of the sheets!

Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

LOVE. Them.

I've been wanting green shoes for no particular reason... like these, but green.

apbs said...

ppb: you are granted a sheets exception.

susie: look! behind the orange.... green!!!

Pink Shoes said...

Will you provide a full review when you receive them, complete with a picture on a foot? They're fabulous.