Wednesday, February 6, 2008

book #7: reading challenge 2008


This is the book that the interminable movie "The Christmas Story" is based on (I realize that sentence is grammatically bad, but I'm so not in the mood to fix it). The Mr's family loves the movie, and his aunt gave it to me for Christmas. The tone is rather prairie home companion-esque. I need something light to read before I go to sleep, and this was that. Not bad, just not go out and buy this book, unless you happen to love books about the Depression (what is it with me and Depression books lately?). The fact that I knew most of the stories already made the read anticlimactic; I don't feel that way about all stories I already know, but I do this one.

***
Can I tell you how happy I am this day is over? I'm so very happy.

No comments: