Monday, December 10, 2007

another post

this weekend:
  • got eyebrows waxed after seeing them and their hairiness in pics from campus ministry xmas party
  • pedicure (ahhh...)
  • visited parishioner in prison
  • friday night potluck with presbyterians
  • i seem to attract presbyterians. i'm not complaining. i'm just sayin'.
  • massive cleaning-out of paper in the mr.'s crap room (yes, that really is what we call it). i went through and filed a bunch of stuff and then went through our file cabinet (and all these papers he had thrown all over the place) to the tune of one GIANT trash bag's worth. he nearly had a heart attack when he saw me in there cleaning, but i have to live here, too, and that room makes me nuts. and i was extremely generous in what i did not throw out. so there. we're going to use the paper for kindling.
  • unfortunately, it was in the high 60s yesterday, which makes fires pretty much a non-option right now.
  • i like cleaning out. not cleaning up, but giving things away or throwing them away. i find it cleansing.
  • i married a packrat.
  • the nutcracker. it was pretty good, all things considered.
  • another advent wreath lighting fiasco. i am almost to the point where i want to refuse to be involved with lighting the damn thing at the main service.
  • led bible study on the gospel text for this week. preaching this coming sunday. for the first time in my life, i feel sorry for john the baptizer. before, he's always just made me squirmy. you can still be called by god and be really, really, really (really) off about what that means.
  • the mr. is doing some major structural stuff underneath the house. i can't even describe it, b/c i don't understand it.
  • present-wrapping
  • primed bookshelf for painting
  • laundry
  • made lentil-spinach soup. it called for three cups of water. i substituted two cups chicken broth, 1 cup white wine. it cooked down nicely, though i was nervous right after i put in the wine.
  • weird tickly throat... had to go to sleep sucking on cough drop... wasn't i just sick?
  • cat in love with (fake) christmas tree... won't stop sitting under it.
  • yesterday: one year as a priest
  • today: need to be very productive/focus at work. in the meantime, if anyone talks to me at the gym this morning, i will hurt him. i'm not feeling talkative.
  • i'm perfectly aware that this blog has gotten fairly boring fairly quickly, which is somewhat disappointing, but i seem to be unable to muster the wherewithal to change that.

5 comments:

Susan O said...

We're everywhere, and we're trying to steal you away.....(in a decent and orderly manner, of course)

kwpershey said...

I've always thought that I seem to attract Episcopalians, and vice versus.

And I always, always end up surrounded by Methodists, though I don't think there is much mutual attraction there.

(mostly) just kidding, ha ha ;-).

Pastor Peters said...

happy anniversary! that's so exciting!

LadyBurg said...

You've been busy! Happy 1 year.

I too like getting rid of stuff and cleaning up - not cleaning.

I'm not a gym talker either. I'm usually tired and grimy and sweaty and tuning out the world with my shuffle. All love, love, love.

I'm glad you are hanging with the Presbyterians. We are sneaky like that - we will find you!

Anonymous said...

We used call my husband's room "the scary room".

Today, it is getting cleaned out. Finally. I have high hopes. I think it's a ceremonial purging of the Ph.D. Zora and I plan to clear out for this process.

Be careful: I was attracting Presbyterians and then I became one!