Thursday, December 20, 2007

the post with no title

the deluge of food stuffs started yesterday.

to the parishioner who wrote on the tag of the chocolate chip pie: "freezes well": i've eaten two pieces in the past twenty-four hours (it's very, very yummy), so i don't think i'm going to find out how "well" the pie "freezes."

to the parishioner who gave me slice and bake cookies so burnt and thus inedible i had to throw them away: is this a passive aggressive gesture, particularly since last year you gave me burnt chocolate chip cookies?

to the parishioner who gave me a single serving of chex mix: thank you for not giving me too much. i'm being totally and completely serious. i already ate all of it, but it doesn't feel like that big a deal, which is oddly satisfying.

7 comments:

LadyBurg said...

A headband - really?!

I'm not crazy about all the food. I just don't need it but its nice they think of you, huh.

apbs said...

well, i do actually wear headbands, to girly up the short hair.

i don't need the food, either. i much prefer donations in my name or whatever, and i have gotten more of those this year, so... yeah. blahblahblah.

Anonymous said...

apbs does rock out some headbands. but, um, it does seem like kind of an odd gift to get from someone who isn't your mom or sister, yanno?

I'm feeling like I really missed out on the gravy train. I never get gifties! (But that's probably a good thing as the food gifties would be eaten by now.)

LadyBurg said...

I did just buy a headband for myself to dress up my short hair but haven't quite figured it out or gotten brave enough to wear it. I'm not sure why I'm so nervous - I guess it will be so different for me. You know, short hair is well....often the same.

But funny enough, I was thinking of a workout headband - kind of Jane Fonda like. heheheh

PPB, would you like me to send you the GIGANTIC thing of Gadiva chocolate that is torturing me?

apbs said...

ladyburg, headbands are very in now, so i think it's probably hard to go wrong... a workout headband would have been truly strange; you're right.

ppb, this does literally feel like a gravy train, but i'm not sure how i feel about being on it sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I read this post to my Mom (seasoned loved-one-of-many-pastors as daughter, wife, mom). She laughed so hard she cried.

Back at church, one of our secretaries and I made a pact to hide the most recent box of chocolates that someone brought in as a thank-you and we plan to get it back out in January.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!