Sunday, October 28, 2007

the miscellaneous post

i'm feeling a little annoyed:

parishioner: are you letting your hair grow out?

me: i'm not really sure what i'm doing.(<--not just applicable to my hair, but that's okay. parishioner doesn't need to know that.)



parishioner: well, growing it out is more girly. it looks like a boy's with it short.

grr. commenting on my hair? not appropriate. unless, of course, you want to tell me how great it looks. in other news:
  • went to bed and breakfast with the mr., where we did b & b type things. weird to wake up and not be able to leap out of bed (okay, stumble groggily out of bed) and immediately began chores... delicious.
  • movie watching ruled the weekend: carlito's way, hannah and her sisters, farewell my concubine
  • i'm fairly certain i left my prayerbook outside on the ground after the 10:30 service. i'm going to try to beat the rain to it. good thing i have to go back for a requiem evensong anyhow.
  • the mr. and i raked the backyard for about 1.5 hours this afternoon. we'll probably have to do it again before the fall is out. this was the preemptive raking of the pine needles.
  • the mr. is making etoufee (no, spellcheck, NOT the same thing as Stouffer's) as i write. long live cajun food.

6 comments:

reverendmother said...

"where we did b & b type things"

Must... get... mind... out of... gutter...!

apbs said...

haha! exactly what that phrase was meant to elicit.

reverendmother said...

Something about this four-poster beds and flowered comforters...? ;-)

Oh, and as a fellow short-haired clergychick, I hear you.

Anonymous said...

Um, do they know that you're a balleriney chick? I lov the combination short hair/ballerina/intellectual/gym rat of you!

So, b & b things---french toast sticks, right? And what do 4 poster beds have to do with eggs?

You found a really good husband who cooks cajun food!

apbs said...

i talk on occasion about the whole ballet thing, but just b/c i talk doesn't mean ppl actually listen. sigh.

LadyBurg said...

I keep my hair pretty short too and always get comments. It can be a bit annoying.

I too was in ballet but had long hair then. I put it in a bun. Now I just look ugly at the gym - actually the shorter my hair, the better I look when sweaty. :)