Monday, January 21, 2008

book #4: reading challenge 2008

the great thing about this reading challenge is always having something to blog about (something about which to blog).

i almost feel sorry for people who write the great american novel, you know? then you have to live up to yourself, which is way worse than trying to live up to someone else.

yesterday i finished don delillo's "falling man," which is certainly no "underworld." basically, it's the story of family in nyc after 9-11 (i'm not good at summarizing). it's not the kind of fiction that just flows effortlessly; it's the kind that forces you to slow down and pay attention. fortunately, it's worth the effort, or at least it was for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll add it to my list. I"m in the middle of a book that Elsa blogged about right now. I'm not really blogging my books, as I'm a terrible book critic, but I appreciate others that do so, which makes me a bit of a hypocrite I guess.