Sunday, March 2, 2008

the post about tupperware

at first i was completely discouraged by you, you who cleaned out closets while on maternity leave. me, i'm not sporting even one kid, let alone three, and my closets are awful. my only defense is that the mr is something of a packrat, and i've yet to bypass him and throw stuff out without his knowledge. somehow, the clouds parted, and i woke up saturday morning totally inspired. the stars in my crown would be the organization of the massive amount of tupperware that used to make me crazy, facilitated by some stuff from linens n things. we put away sheets and towels from the linen closet into senselessly empty trunks. i rearranged the kitchen cabinets so we could get to the stuff we use. i even enticed the mr. to give away some clothes that i've never seen him wear. hoorah! that, and i actually felt like we had a social life briefly. we had a couple over friday night and went out saturday night. maybe there's hope for a clergy person to make friends? maybe?

okay, i'll stop teasing. i know this picture is what you really came to see. ta-dah! they're rather bright (particularly against my really, really white legs), so i've been wearing them with gray, black, khaki, and blue (aka what i normally wear). they're so wonderfully comfortable. they're rather casual, which doesn't bother me, but might bum others out. i'm wearing them to officiate at compline tonight. mwhaha... dark night services...!!

5 comments:

kwpershey said...

I adore those shoes, and if I failed to say so before, I totally chortled about your relationship with the Garnet Hill catalog.

We won't talk about my closets.

Anonymous said...

teh shoes, teh cuteness...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
reverendmother said...

Oh, you!

It feels good, doesn't it? I don't do organization because I'm virtuous, I do it because it feels good!

I had the luxury of having the girls in school while I was on leave with SBJ. No doubt the third kid adds his own chaos but on the upside I also know better what I am doing!

Anonymous said...

Um, please come and work on my tupperware cabinet.

Seriously, I have been laying awake in bed at night in a panic because we HAVE to find a different apartment, or maybe a whole house, to rent this summer, and I cannot figure out how I will get everything packed. Plus, even if people from church offered to help, I'd probably refuse because I'm embarrassed by how messy and disorganized things are.

Love the shoes! I'm wearing my similar orange things right now.